(2) NOTRE DAME 3, (7) JOHN CURTIS 1
at Pontchartrain Heart, Thursday (Nov. 8), Division IV quarterfinals match
HOW THE GAME WAS WON: four KEY MOMENTS
- A extremely entertaining and aggressive match bought began with a back-and-forth battle within the opening set. The 2 groups performed to a 7-7 tie early within the set earlier than Curtis slowly began to drag away constructing its lead as excessive as 18-13 on a kill from sophomore Danielle Taix (12 digs). The Pios clawed their approach again into the sport getting as shut as 23-21 on a kill by standout senior Anna Morgan, however Curtis bought its final two factors on a kill by Taix and a serving error by Notre Dame to take the opening recreation 25-22.
- The second set was even tighter than the primary with neither workforce main by greater than two factors till an ace by Notre Dame sophomore Morgan Alleman gave the Pios a 20-17 benefit late within the recreation. Notre Dame was capable of preserve management from there by no means main by fewer than three factors en path to a 25-21 win to tie the match at 1-1.
- Notre Dame started to ascertain itself because the superior workforce within the third set as an ace by senior Sydnei Simon (27digs, 6 assists) and a kill by senior Hannah Rosinski (17 kills, Three blocks, 2 aces) on an help from Grace Bernard (40 assists, 19 digs, 2 aces) gave the Pios an 11-5 benefit. Curtis struggled to chop into the deficit from that time ahead as Notre Dame pushed its lead as excessive as 23-11 earlier than capturing a 25-14 victory for a 2-1 benefit within the match.
- Curtis picked up its depth in what proved to be the ultimate set forcing Notre Dame to place forth its greatest effort to shut the Patriots out. Curtis took 18-17 and 19-18 leads on kills by sophomore Sierra Sacco (Eight kills), however the Pios went to attain 5 straight factors on a kill by Morgan, back-to-back aces by Rosinski and back-to-back kill by sophomore Melise Maloz. The sequence gave Notre Dame a 23-19 lead they usually closed the match out with a 25-20 victory.
PLAYER OF THE MATCH
Anna Morgan, Notre Dame
Morgan’s expertise and depth had been apparent from the opening set as she despatched dwelling the primary two kills of the match for Notre Dame in emphatic vogue. The senior went on to submit a match-high 23 kills and was the first offensive menace for the Pios all through the competition.
Data: John Curtis, 23-15; Notre Dame, 34-14
SCORE BY SET
John Curtis | 25 | 21 | 14 | 20 – 1
Notre Dame | 22 | 25 | 25 | 25 – 3
NEXT UP: Notre Dame will tackle top-seeded College Lab within the semifinals on Friday at 10 a.m. within the Ponchartrain Heart.