(5) Ben Franklin 3, (4) South Lafourche 0
at Pontchartrain Middle, Thursday (Nov. 8), Division II quarterfinals match
HOW THE GAME WAS WON: Four KEY MOMENTS
- The Falcons began out sturdy leaping to a 13-Four lead within the opening set, however South Lafourche got here storming again with a 6-Zero run to chop the result in 13-10 and drive a Franklin timeout. The Falcons righted the ship from there with a mix of strong blocking and gritty protection en path to a 25-16 victory.
- Franklin began sturdy once more within the second set leaping out to a 6-2 lead, however the set rapidly became a battle that was tied a number of instances till a South Lafourche kill compelled a Ben Franklin timeout trailing 17-14. Then, Darian Duroncelet took over for the Falcons along with her hitting and imposing presence on the internet. The Falcons compelled the Tarpons to make use of their closing timeout trailing 22-19, and Grace Allen’s tip sealed a 25-22 victory.
- Franklin wasted no time taking management of the third set racing to a 10-2 lead. The Falcons maintained the eight-point benefit with a 16-Eight lead, however the Tarpons battled again to chop the result in three factors till fittingly, a Falcons block sealed a 25-20 victory.
- Ben Franklin has some good top, and that was the distinction tonight. That and the actual fact the Falcons gained the second set in entrance of a loud Tarpons pupil part. Kennedi George had seven kills whereas Logan Turner added 20 digs and two aces. Allen added 13 digs whereas Julia Garrison had 27 assists. Madeline Meeker added three blocks.
PLAYER OF THE MATCH
Darian Duroncelet, Ben Franklin
The senior registered seven blocks that helped spotlight the Falcons top benefit that got here up huge time after time in opposition to the Tarpons. However she additionally offered 15 kills as Franklin’s means to place the ball down once they wanted to proved to be the distinction.
Information: Ben Franklin, 39-8; South Lafourche, 22-10
SCORE BY SET
Ben Franklin | 25 | 25 | 25 – 3
South Lafourche | 16 | 22 | 20 – 0
NEXT UP: The Falcons will tackle both top-seeded Teurling Catholic or No. Eight Lee Magnet within the Division II semifinals on Friday at 1:40 p.m. again right here within the Pontchartrain Middle.