BAY POINT — A person died, and a girl escaped after a fireplace broke out at a one-story home early Friday, a fireplace official mentioned.
Authorities didn’t instantly determine the person, who turned trapped within the residence within the 100 block of Loftus Avenue, spokesman Steve Hill of the Contra Costa County Fireplace Safety District mentioned. Fireplace crews had been known as to the house simply earlier than 1 a.m.
Crews noticed smoke coming from the house after they arrived, and so they additionally mentioned the girl had gotten herself out of the house, Hill mentioned. She escaped by way of a window.
Firefighters received inside the home and knocked down the hearth inside minutes, and so they discovered the person after looking the house. They carried out CPR on him, and he glided by ambulance to a hospital, the place he was pronounced lifeless.
Authorities consider he was in his 50s.
Investigators haven’t decided how the hearth started. The blaze brought on roughly $100,000 injury to the house.
Test again for updates.